Sony Announces New Flagship, Xperia XZ2
Sony is finally moving on from its iconic squarish if bulky hardware. The first in the company’s freshly redesigned Xperias, the Xperia XZ2 has been announced at MWC 2018, unveiling its lustrous new design and truly promising specs sheet. The fingerprint sensor is mounted on the back rather than the sides—a big improvement—and the device is shipping with the latest and fastest Snapdragon 845 and Android Oreo 8.0 out of the box.
Sony has additionally launched a mid-range version of the device with the Xperia XZ2 compact.
Here’s everything you need to know about Sony’s new flagship.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Philippines: Full list of Specs
- 5.7-inch 18:9 Full HD+ (1080 x 2160) HDR display, 424ppi
- TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for Mobile, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB UFS storage
- microSDXC support (up to 400GB)
- 19MP Motion Eye, 1/2.3″ Exmor RS, Pixel Pitch 1.22um camera
- OIS, HDR Photo, 4K HDR Video Recording, 960fps slow-mo video (FHD/HD)
- 5MP 1/5″ Exmor RS front camera
- Dual/Single-SIM (nano)
- 4G LTE Cat18 with up to 1.2Gbps
- WiFi 802.11ac, Miracast, DLNA
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround
- High-Resolution Audio, DSEE HX, LDAC, Clear Audio+
- Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- USB Type-C 3.1
- PS4 Remote Play
- Dust and Water resistant (IP65/68)
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3,180mAh battery
- Qnovo Adaptive Charging, Wireless Charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- 153 x 72 x 11.1 mm
- Liquid Black, Liquid Silver, Deep Green, Ash Pink
Sony Xperia XZ2 Philippines: Price, Release Date, and Where To Buy
Details regarding pricing and release date are yet to be officially announced. But stay put as we’re going to update you as details become available.