Xiaomi Mi 8 SE is the top-notch(ed) mid-ranger you’ve been waiting for
There’s a new promising mid-ranger in our midst, and that phone comes from Xiaomi. The Mi 8 SE, the smaller brother to the mind-blowing Mi 8, is the less powerful 8th-gen smartphone from Xiaomi. Be that as it may, the new phone, for its price, looks crazy-beautiful, sporting the same premium finish as its bigger brother.
Inside, there’s plenty to look forward to, chief among them is Xiaomi’s Android skin, the MIUI 10. The phone also handles AR and AI very well, and that’s thanks to its Snapdragon 710 processor, which makes its very debut with this phone. The phone has a respectable 3,120mAh battery with support for 18W Quick Charge, a rear fingerprint scanner, and a USB-C port. The cameras, which obviously mirrors that of the iPhone X, are an AI-powered dual rear camera setup using a 12- and 5-megapixel combo.
The phone, however, does not ship with the same infrared-powered Face ID feature—a small price to pay for the bigger plummet in pricing from its higher-end counterpart, the Mi 8.
Check out the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE specs below.
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 5.88-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 64GB of Expandable storage
- 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel rear camera with Dual Pixel AF, AI, LED flash
- 20-megapixel front camera with 2um pixels, AI
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Face Unlock, Wireless charging
- 3120mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android Oreo with MIUI 10
The Mi 8 SE is expected to retail at 1,799 CNY (approximately Php 14,800+) for the 4GB variant, and 1,999 CNY (approximately 16,400+) for the 6GB variant.