The ultimate list of Fiber Internet providers in the Philippines
Who are the best Fiber internet providers in the Philippines? If you’re up here wondering about just that, you might be looking for the right service provider and fiber internet plan to solve your slow connection woes.
In 2016, both PLDT and Globe Telecom has set up massive plans for fiber optics installation across the country. Since then, few users have taken advantage of the life-altering internet speeds that fiber internet provides. But here’s the thing: it’s hard to get fiber internet, being that the application process for this is different from, say, a traditional DSL plan.
Fiber Internet Availability (per location) in the Philippines: Globe, PLDT, and Converge ICT
There are three major Fiber internet providers locally: Globe Telecom, PLDT, and Converge ICT. All of them offer a variety of Fiber internet plans to suit different household and corporate needs. Across the table, PLDT edges both its competitors in terms of availability, but both Globe Telecom and Converge ICT are quickly catching up.
To learn if your location has available fiber optics, you will need to reach out to your Fiber internet provider of choice and apply. Globe and PLDT previously listed cities and areas where they can install Fiber internet. See the list below:
- Quezon City
- Las Piñas
- San Juan
As for Converge ICT, you will need to undergo their application process, which will determine if fiber optics are available in your area and therefore available for a new installation.
Fiber Internet Plans in the Philippines: The Best Fiber Internet Plans from Globe, PLDT, and Converge ICT
Before we get to what we think is “the best” fiber internet plans for you, let’s break down some of the available plans for each provider. See our list below.
- PLDT Fibr Plan 1899 – 50Mbps; 300GB data cap
- PLDT Fibr Plan 2899 – 50Mbps; Unlimited data
- PLDT Fibr Plan 3499 – 50 Mbps; Unlimited data; Digital TV inclusion
- Globe Broadband Plan 1699 Go Unli – 5Mbps; Unlimited data
- Globe Broadband Plan 1899 Go Unli – 10/15/20 Mbps; Unlimited data
- Globe Broadband Plan 2499 Go Unli – 50Mbps; Unlimited data
- Globe Broadband Plan 2899 Go Unli – 100Mbps; Unlimited data
- Globe Broadband Plan 1699 Go Big – 10Mbps; 500GB data cap
- Globe Broadband Plan 1899 Go Big – 50Mbps; 600GB data cap
- Globe Broadband Plan 2499 Go Big – 100Mbps; 1TB data cap
- Converge ICT FiberX Plan 1500 – 20 Mbps; Unlimited data
- Converge ICT FiberX Plan 2500 – 50 Mbps; Unlimited data
- Converge ICT FiberX Plan 3500 – 100 Mbps; Unlimited data
Across the board, Globe has a lot more flexibility in terms of options. Personally, I’d say both its 1899 Go Unli and Go Big plans are ideal, allowing users up to 20 Mbps (unlimited data) and 50 Mbps (600GB data cap), respectively. That should be enough for the traditional residential/corporate setup.
If Globe doesn’t cover your area, Converge ICT’s FiberX Plan 1500 is your next best bet. The 20 Mbps speed is promising, and the fact that it has no data cap makes it very ideal. Worse comes to worst, the PLDT Fibr Plan 1899 will do you just good, thanks to its 50 Mbps speeds. It’s worth noting, however, that its data allowance is only 300GB.
If you’re considering on making the move from DSL to Fiber, now’s a very good time to do it. All three companies are putting a lot of effort into their Fiber plans, especially Globe. If you haven’t tried yet, do yourself some good and apply. You don’t deserve a measly 3Mbps speed that trudges your downloads and uploads into snail-like speeds. Get Fiber if you can!